<VV> Camber

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Aug 31 12:55:06 EDT 2010

Hi Byron,

To elaborate a bit, the distance between the points where you are measuring affects how much movement you need to change an angle.  Consider a right triangle - if you cut off a piece so the triangle is shorter but still has the same angles, the sides will all be shorter.

So, if you are measuring camber using the wheel as your measuring point, you'll find that putting a shim in at the a-arm results in a larger movement at the wheel.  But, what you're interested in is the angle and you're just using the distance to determine that angle.

Hope that helps.

--Bryan