<VV> Oil Pressure and High Volume Pumps

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Tue Aug 31 13:44:08 EDT 2010

The person who built my engine used a high volume oil pump and a high
pressure spring.  Here's what he replied when I asked him about it:

"The crank was done with a special relief of the rod & main bearing
radius at the journals and all oil holes were fluted. As far as the high
volume oil pump on a built up street engine, I prefer it for the
increased oil flow and cooling affect it has on the bearings. The lead
babbit and copper interface on the bearing has a reduced risk of
becoming "unclad " and reduce smearing of the material and helps keep
the bearing tolerances on the compression stroke reducing premature
bearing wear."

Dave Keillor