<VV> VCCA thoughts.

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Aug 31 16:33:54 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/31/2010 12:51:42 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
hharpo at earthlink.net writes:

Am a  VCCa member and another member who has a Vega asked me for Clarks
phone number  hoping they have tires the right size for the  Vega

For the non-Cosworth variety, probably a A78-13? - GT's had A70-13 and the
Cosworths BR70-13 radials. All of those are too small for the Corvair, but
were used on tons of other cars - Pinto? - and maybe there are tires in
that  size available.

If no exact tires are available, and the car is otherwise exactly as stock,
 some adjustment should be made and the cars allowed in. If they cannot do
that,  then they have their heads firmly up their asses. Encouraging folks
to sequester  and then drive on 40 year old tires? Another bad plan. Do they
also discourage  use of seat belts by penalizing people who install them on
50's Chevys? I'm just  asking.  .  .  .  .

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette
San Jose, CA