<VV> U-joint strap screws

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Jan 18 15:52:15 EST 2010

I've told this story a couple times - my very first autocross I DNF'd
because one of the bolts backed out, and then the other one broke as I
entered a gate.  The halfshaft flailing around took a couple other
pieces with it.  Some years later I was very careful to use the Grade
8 bolts and had a similar thing happen, this time on the street as I
was turning left.  I since swapped all the yokes for '66 units and use
red Locktite on assembly, and the problem has gone away.  So, YMMV.

--Bryan