<VV> Late Model Color Question

airvair airvair at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 22 08:38:54 EDT 2010

Simply stated, yes. There were occasional tutone interiors as well, usually with white seats and door panels and a color everything else. But most interiors were a single color.

I have on my home computer an Excel file with all the interior and exterior color and fabric colors (including codes if possible) listed on it for every model and year of Corvair. Unfortunately, at the present, I don't have access to that file, but will email it to anyone who wants a copy when I am able.

Odd trivia item on the '65-7 Madiera Maroon. It's code (for a non-tutone car) is NN. You'd think that it would be MM, but that's the code for '66 Aztec Bronze or '67 Royal Plum. (G) Madiera Maroon was also available as a tutone, but only on the top (with a beige bottom) in '65 and with a black top in '66. Go figure.

Another trivia item (one that's applicable to my present project car) is that Madiera Maroon (or any other year of maroon) was available with a beige top tutone in '64 and maroon top in '65, but only with a fawn interior, and never with a saddle interior, though the full-size cars were. That's the color combination I'm going with on my project car: maroon (actually the 50th anniversary Corvette color) body, '62-3 Adobe Beige top, and '65 saddle interior (with a possible lighter brown/beige inserts). Should be a knockout combo.

-Mark