<VV> Late fuel gage

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 22 10:28:01 EDT 2010

Tony,

I'm unable to explain why you can only get 12 gallons into a 14 gallon tank.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I put 13.2 gallons in the tank at a gas
stop on the way to Cedar Rapids.  Had driven 50+ miles after the needle hit
the E.

I'll add that a typical fill-up from the E mark on my '65 (with no
stretching out of miles) will take ~10 gallons - usually in the 9.5 to 10.5
range.

I agree with you that the '60 tank is smaller than 14.

Later, JR