<VV> Automotive lifts

ChiefTAM at aol.com ChiefTAM at aol.com
Sun Jul 25 10:51:52 EDT 2010

I would probably agree that the two post lifts are better for servicing, at
 least less hassle, but you can't use them for storage.  I have a Bend-Pak
9000 lb lift, that would lift my F350 when I had it.  It lifts the car well
 to work on it, without stressing the suspension, and if you have the
movable  cross brace, as I do, you can lift a wheel (or two) off the ground to
work on  brakes.  It isn't as handy as a two post lift for rotating tires, but
you  can do it.  My rails are movable, so you can make the rails far enough
 apart to fit a corvair engine between them.  I put my  engine on an  ATV
jack, raise it up a bit so I don't have to do much bending over, and then
just drop the car down onto the engine.  If you want to store a full size
vehicle underneath, like a 4x4 truck, you need 12 foot ceiling height, which I
had.  I like the 4 post, but that is because I use it for storage as much
as maintenance.

Todd in MN

In a message dated 7/24/2010 11:16:58 P.M. Central Daylight Time,