<VV> Charging disconnect wiring

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Jul 29 08:01:30 EDT 2010

With the internal regulator model, just put the switch in the ""field"
lead. That is the lead that goes between one of the tandem blade
terminals and the +12V bolt terminal. I would switch it on/off at idle.
Run 16 ga wire, should handle the current fine. You might want to fuse
or circuit breaker the hot lead for safety at 15 amps. Of course you can
find a hot under the dash, switched with ignition is best, and just run
one wire back.

Others can provide a wiring diagram.

I used the term "field" above, but it is actually goes to the internal
regulator. It is not the wire that powers the dash light for a problem.

Frank DuVal