<VV> Rust-proofing a Late Model

Frank F Parker fparker at umich.edu
Wed Jun 2 17:46:00 EDT 2010

>> I am investing in a pristine late model and thinking of taking it to
>> Ziebart or rust proofing it myself. Does anyone have anything in
>> regards to doing this ?

I have done this many times and years ago did so many cars, I bought a
BINKS pressure pot and all the wands for putting on the material-180 deg
etc.

Do NOT use any rubberized or tar product. Will look pretty but will hold
water next to metal at points where coverage bond is marginal and there
WILL be those spots.
Jim is correct. Use 3M rust fighter. It is thin and runs all over to seal
metal, in cracks etc, never drys. Works great.
See:

http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/3m-rust-fighter-i-08891-p-14348.aspx

They used to sell it only in spray cans but now you can get a qt can and a
flex nozzle. Goes a long way.

regards,

frank