<VV> No-option cars, was: Wierd combos on earlies...

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 13 10:44:22 EDT 2010

The little old lady I used to store my convert with had a '65 Monza 4door
hardtop with ONE option, a 'glide. One time I was in the car when the
speaker grille blocking plate fell out of it. It was a simple rectangle of
black cardboard that was glued to the underneath of the dash grille. I
still have the cardboard part, though the car is long gone. After her
death, it was sold off to some nimrod who drove the poor car to death.

-Mark

Hey Ed,

I have a 63 500 coupe with one option: Powerglide. Plainest 63 I have ever
seen. It is a genuine "little old lady" car from Missouri.  She died at 92
and I bought it from her estate around 2000. Unfortunately, "Grannie"
didn't take care of the car and it has some unique rust out areas.  My '63
Palomar red Spyder convert has a dealer installed 64 rear fender antenna. I
imagine the whole radio system was dealer installed as there is no antenna
hole in the right front fender. I love oddballs.

Bob johnston
Frostbite Falls, MN
CORSA since 72

Subject: <VV> weird combos on earlies

So who has seen strange combos on earlies, and were they dealer or factory?
I've only had a 63 coupe with radio delete,all the rest have been pretty
standard. Ed in Fla.