<VV> No-option cars, was: Wierd combos on earlies...

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Mon Jun 14 23:54:43 EDT 2010

At 09:22 AM 6/14/2010, Mike Stillwell wrote:

>  One of my favorite customer cars was a '65 500 coupe Tuxedo Black
> with a teal interior. It had no options, except a spare tire lock.
> It was a radio delete car and had no exterior mirrors, until some
> were added years later. Bench seat with no seats belts, but with
> the 95/3 it was fun to drive.

I've noted that the blue '67 coupe here is a total stripper,
95/3sp.   No radio, no nuthin.   It doesn't even have door jamb
domelite switches.

The question is:

Just how many total strippers were built, percentage-wise?   One
doesn't often see even taxi-cab 'Vairs that don't even have a
radio.   Was it customary for 500s in '67 to have no domelite jamb
switches?

tony..