<VV> Door Jamb Switches in 500s

sgang54 at aol.com sgang54 at aol.com
Thu Jun 17 04:17:05 EDT 2010

I'm pretty sure the hole was there or maybe a knock-out. It was a long time ago - mid 70's. I still have the car but its covered with vegetation.

Steve Gangi

Message: 10
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:39:23 -0400
From: "Steven J. Serenska" <corvair at serenska.com>
Subject: <VV> Door Jamb Switches in 500s
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Cc: tony.underwood at cox.net, Kent Sullivan <kentsu at corvairkid.com>

For the VVers who were discussing 500 models with no door jamb switches
for the dome light:

When the door jamb switches were deleted, was there still a hole punched
in the A pillar (and, if so, was it was plugged?), or was there no hole
in the pillar when the switch was deleted?

I am asking because I think the answer would be interesting to note with
respect to Kent Sullivan's observation that any option (or delete of an
option) which required the body to be manufactured differently by Fisher
Body would show up as a code on the body tag.

So, for stripper 500's without a dome light switch, was there a hole in
the pillar, or is it just smooth metal?  And, if there's no hole, which
code on the body tag would reflect this?

Steven "nothing beats looking at a good stripper" Serenska

'65 Monza Convertible, 110/4, noisy throwout bearing lately
'66 Corsa Coupe, 140/4