<VV> Corvairs in Print

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Sat Jun 26 18:52:41 EDT 2010

All:  I addition to the Hemmings issue with Jay Leno's top 10 American
collector list, the July issue of Thoroughbred & Classic has a article about
Italian designer Giorgetto Giugiaro and his Bertone Testudo.  It is mostly
about the Testudo being his breakout design which opened the door for the
rest of his future as a auto designer.  Five pages with good pictures of the
car as it is today.  Worth the US$10.25 at my sorta local Barnes & Nobel.

The May issue of Wards AutoWorld has a reply to the Corvair letters of a
month or so ago.  It is headed:  "Give It Up Corvair Fans"  Letter writer
says:  "When will the defenders of the Chevrolet Corvair (see WAW - March 10
p4) find a different drum to beat? While it is true the Corvair got a bad
rap and that Ralph Nader had his facts wrong, it was not a technological
marvel akin to the pyramids.  At best it rates as a quirky little platform
with limited market staying power.  If not for Ralph Nader, we would have
forgotten it as just another chapter in the evolution of the automobile that
is no more significant than the Pinto or the K-car."
( Note:  Letter writers name and city omitted by me on purpose.)

Historically Yours,
			James Rice

PS:  Joe:  The WAW will be in the mail this week.