<VV> advertising rates????

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Mon Mar 8 09:14:03 EST 2010

Bob, I too was confused by the ad rate information published in the
March issue.  On page 6, where you noted it reads "To amend
Communique advertising rates to the April 2009 rates, plus 15%," it
also reads "Space rates for advertising in the Communique have been reduced."

When I read that, I said, "huh?"

Still, since the same paragraph you cited also mentions "rollback" of
advertising rates, I concluded that a rate reduction was the intent
and that the wording got garbled somehow.  I'd be annoyed as you as
are, except, as a newsletter editor at the local level I have been
occasionally responsible for confusing or incorrect information
slipping out -- we're all human.

So, in that light I found your "who is watching the store at CORSA"
remark to be gratuitous.  But on the other hand, I have serious
questions about the current leadership at CORSA.  One example is the
recent dust-up over the Western Director's position.  Another is
scuttlebutt I hear about the process of revamping the CORSA website,
a process to which the word "process" does not appear to
apply.  Still another is the proposal to offer a membership level
that does not include the Communique, be it printed or
electronic.  Excuse me, but who is the demographic for THAT membership?

--Bob Marlow