<VV> PCG Workshop

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Sun Mar 14 15:38:42 EDT 2010

Just got home about noon from Indy.
Great workshop and those of you who missed it, you missed a good one.
The highlight was having the Corvair racing legend James Reeve Jr. in attendance. Jim Rice did a sit down interview with James in front of the assembled group and it was very interesting. There was a question and answer session afterward and James was signing autographs.

The dyno pulls were exciting (nothing blew up) and eye opening. We even had a blown VW Bug on it.
Michael LeVeque put the brand new tribute Stinger on the dyno for a few pulls with the big bore motor. I won't quote any HP figures here as I'll let him tell it.
Aside from the weather which was rain all the time the shop tours were interesting too, especially the shop that makes carbon fiber bodies and pieces for race teams.
Real high tech stuff. Seeing some of those sprint cars up close and personal was neat. 800 plus HP in a 1200 pound short wheel base unit has to be exciting!

As I have often said the best part is seeing all the extended Corvair family again and using the event to get the jucies flowing and work on the race car.
I want to thank the Indy Vair guys and any other folks involved in this event. It was a good one. Also want to thank Brian Gard at Performance Driven for the use of his facility. It will take him awhile to recover from the horde of Corvair crazies that tracked up his shop! Did I mention it rained the whole time? (Better than snow!)

As usual I took photos and as soon as I get them organized I'll post them.

Rick Norris
#36 Sunoco Corvair
www.corvairalley.com