<VV> MuseumBrier is AutoFair Bound!

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Tue Mar 23 11:21:34 EDT 2010

Hey out there in CorvairLand! Are you planning to go to
the AutoFair in Charlotte, NC next month? I am. I've been
wrenching on the 'Brier but it isn't quite done yet.
However, we're not going to let that stop us, are we?
Nope. I'll just load 'er up on a stretcher and carry the
van and the museum diplays down to the show.

Most everyone on this list has seen a Greenbrier. Many of
you have owned, driven and loved one or more. Me too! My
current pet project is a somewhat rare light gray and
white six-door that is getting closer to stock with each
day that I work on it. I've had a lot of help along the
way. My major "corporate" sponsors are Cal and Joan Clark
who sent me several items to get the van up and running
again and looking good. Thanks!! But the MuseumBrier is
not the star of the show. In working with the Corvair
Preservation Foundation I have gathered several unique
Corvair-related items that you just couldn't see up close
and personal unless you attend one of the MuseumBrier's
tour stops this car show season.

How about the only remaining prototype Rochester Fuel
Injected Corvair engine? Cool! Or, would you like to check
out one of two known to exist 1970 Corvair modular
engines? Ever see an aluminum case Corvair four speed
manual transmission? They made two. We have one on
display. Would you like to see a model of a 1958 Holden
Suburban? What the heck is a Holden Suburban? We call 'em
FC's, now. Back in 1958 GM used the code-name of Holden
(GM's Austrailian Division) to mask work on the new
Corvair line. The CPF has a 1/12th scale plaster model of
a pre-production Greenbrier/Corvan proposal. You can see
that at the AutoFair as well.

We will be adding more cool stuff as the tour progresses.
But, I think we have a pretty good start. What do you
think? - Pete "More than a Caveman" Koehler