<VV> MuseumBrier is AutoFair Bound!

Spence Shepard sshepard5 at carolina.rr.com
Tue Mar 23 14:09:32 EDT 2010

Pete,

Send me your address so I can send you a pass to get it in our display. I
have just received them.

All,

This is a big event. We (Queen City Corvair Club) have been part of it with
a Corvair display since shortly after the inception of the Autofair (about
25 years). The Spring Autofair is always the first of a series of "Antique"
automoblile related flea markets that includes events at Hershey and
Carlisle Pa. There are usually at least 3000 vendors, hundreds of cars for
sale, a car auction, manufacturer displays, automtive art and other related
events. The Charlotte Speedway always goes out of their way to make their
events better than the rest. This usually includes lots of "freebies" from
sponsors and vendors.

Our part of the event is to park our Corvairs in a designated area so the
crowds (30K or more a day) can see them and mingle with us. We have one of
the prime spots along pit road. We are free to take in the whole event and
have the advantage of being inside the speedway close to most of the vendors
so that we don't have to pay for parking and walk half a mile or more to a
parking lot carrying our purchases. The Speedway gives us all very nice dash
plaques and trophies which we award on a people's choice basis. Our "Best of
Show" then competes with all the other car club Bests for the huge Speedway
Presidents trophy.

This year the Speedway invited us to display 6 of our cars in one of their
indoor displays as a 50th aniversary tribute. It is an honor to have these
spots which are usually  taken by taken by very special, and expensive,
cars. As a result, we will have more spots available in our outdoor display
this Spring. All Corvairs are welcome, not just "show" cars. I have passes
for the display which is both Saturday and Sunday April 10 and 11. They
include passes for 1 car and 2 people one or both (which is preferred) days.
Our club asks a $10 donation to cover our expenses, refreshments etc.

Please contact me if you would like to attend.

SpenceShepard