<VV> Door Latch Problem

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 24 02:20:29 EDT 2010

Well..   If it is a weak or binding spring, Bob Hall's suggestion might do
the trick - at least for a while.  If it is a broken spring (probably
likely), find another latch mechanism for the LF door (same paint color
desirable).  The interior panel does not have to come completely off - just
enough to reach in.  Only two, maybe (probably) three screws (my car is not
here so I can't look) on the end of the door.  Very flexible wrist/fingers
helpful.

I did this repair about a year ago on my '65 Vert driver door.  That was a
broken spring.  Claypool had the part needed.

Later, JR

CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140