<VV> Rear axle bearings, late

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Sun Mar 28 06:48:34 EDT 2010

 Yes, it was for front wheel bearings, but the point is the same, pack the cones, smear the races, and not much grease anywhere else.

Given that Corvair rear wheel bearings use the same inner front bearing on the outside in the rear, and a pinion bearing as the inner bearing, the lube requirements are similar. My guess is, the rears require the same as the fronts, but are such a pain to deal with, it's not worth it to PM them. So, replace when they die! But by packing them with a top grade synthetic, as per this method, they should last nearly forever.

John Roberts