<VV> early clutch cable question

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 20 13:17:48 EST 2011

It has been a while since I worked on an early clutch system, and I
simply don't remember, but I do not recall the cable being a two-piece
affair -- I recently came across  what I believe to be an original cable
in a 1960 that is of composite design, the front part being a softer and
more flexible cable that is swaged to a stiffer type cable for the rear
half.  No, I am not talking about some home-brewed repair job.

I just don't recall this from the numerous early cables that I have
replaced -- is this the correct early design? Are the current
replacements of this same style?

Your input is welcomed,

Bill Strickland