<VV> 66 Monza Sedan electrical short ~"divide and conquer" ?

Charles Lee chaz at properproper.com
Tue Nov 8 01:15:57 EST 2011

Hi Carl,

I don't know if you've already tried this but, just inc case?

Time to pull out the ohmmeter and remove the battery cable, to check the
resistance to ground ~ probably non-zero, very low resistance, that takes a
while to build up the current.

Check from the battery hot lead with the switch off and watch the meter
while you pull the switch out to the first (park), then second (headlight)
positions.

Then repeat the process while disconnecting various connectors that are in
the parts while you "divide and conquer" the circuit, until you can isolate
the offending wire or component.

This is slightly simpler if you have a GM schematic of your car, and know if
it has any "pecualrities" that are specific to your car, and/or
modifications that have been made ?

Let us know what you find so we can put the solution into our knowledge
base!

Good luck,
Charlie