<VV> Fw: 64 turbo acceleration issues

Kurt Guttensohn rizakoyt at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 07:32:34 EST 2011

Thanks for the suggestion Joe.  I have another Pertronix from a 63 I used to drive.  I will try swapping those out and see what happens.

One thing I noticed tonight when I was trying an electric fuel pump to see if that would fix it ( it didn't).
I put the pump on and wired it with a switch, so I could turn it off and on.
I test drove it after putting on the electric fuel pump and the same stutter happened as before.  Once fully warmed up it has issues with acceleration.
When I got back to the garage, I kept it running and looked down the throat of the carb.  I didn't notice any gas leaking.  But when I turned the engine off, I watched as a pool of gas formed in the bottom of the carb throat.  Is that normal?

From: Joe White <jwcorvair at aol.com>

I had a similar problem that I thought was due to a faulty mechanical fuel pump. I replaced several fuel pumps and was on the verge of installing an electric fuel pump when someone on VV suggested that the Pertronix I was running might have gone bad. I installed a set of points and never had that problem again. Just a thought.