<VV> thanks and towing

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 13:37:55 EST 2011

Just FYI guys my replies will be few and far between the next couple days.
I'm at the "in-laws" for 4 days total (starting yesterday) and when I do
get a few minutes on the 'puter it is a tiny 8 inch netbook and no desk to
set it on... makes reading and typing quite uncomfortable for me!

So thanks for the MANY helpful replies on the towing topic, as well as for
the pictures of the bumper grasping tow-bars.  I desperately want a full
car trailer but my limited budget calls for the tow bar, I think this will
be a decent compromise.

Also, on the subject of the towed vehicle being registered... well if I
wanted to be a tiny bit dishonest I have a "classic car" pa TAG that I got
with a Corvair I bought.  I drive my cars far too much to use one of those,
but they are "permanent" plates and require no inspection.  With that plate
on the towed vehicle nobody would bother me unless I was doing something
unsafe or the car looked like it couldn't possibly be registered.

I don't mind admitting dumb things I've done... I have the excuse of
youth!  I once purchased a (barely drivable) blue 65 Corvair and drove it
150 miles home with the plate, registration, and insurance card from my
then daily driver.. a blue 66 Corvair!  I have never even heard of a cop
checking the VIN =P  Naturally if I had been in an accident I might have
been in a bit of a pickle.

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
Anxious to finish up the next three days at the in-laws and get home to
check out the new parts Corvair that was delivered in my absence!!