<VV> Someone is speeding, someone pays, so all is good ~ driving a Corvair can help

Joel McGregor joelsplace at earthling.net
Mon Nov 14 15:27:02 EST 2011

I actually won in court with a jury once on a speeding ticket.  I presented the different ways that radar guns can be wrong, that cops can make mistakes and it was the end of his night shift, apologized and I prayed a lot.  You should have seen the look on the prosecuting attorney's face.  He had clearly never lost a speeding ticket before.  A jury actually did their job and protected an innocent citizen from the law enforcement growth industry.

The strange thing is I rarely got tickets when I was actually doing something that they could have ticketed me for.  I was running about 100 in a 30 running red lights one time in a race with an undercover cop.  I got surrounded later on the other side of town and they just gave me a hard time.  No tickets.  Of course they never saw the cop that was racing me.  I wasn't complaining since I didn't get a ticket.

I did an e-brake U-turn right in front of a cop one time in my '62 Monza and we just debated law and rights for about 30 minutes and he let me go.

I came off the highway once and did a beautiful 4-wheel drift onto a side street at about 60mph and I got a bunch of questions about drugs but no tickets.

I go the speed limit and get tickets...

I have found that being older has reduced the number of crazy false accusation tickets drastically.

I can't remember ever getting a ticket in one of my Corvairs and it's not from the way I drive them.