<VV> Two hole pump levers

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 17 19:03:21 EST 2011

Ray, I can guarantee that not having two hole levers, which were available on some very early carbs, is not your problem. Their importance is indicated by the fact that they disappeared in late 1961. If you were to find some and follow the instructions, you will have less of a squirt than now. Just be sure the small line on the pump lever is aligned with the small nub on your bowl cover and things are fine. You can increase the stroke by replacing them with the shorter 1960 levers if you want even more squirt gas. If your floats are set properly try advancing the timing a bit more,
Grant

"On Powerglide applications using a two hole pump lever,
setting is made with the pump rod in the outer hole.  After adjustment is
made move rod to inner hole".  Now the carbs I'm running are 65 up carbs,
and probably not from a Powerglide car... they do not have "a two hole pump
lever".  If I go digging through my "core" carbs I might be able to find
some, I think the carbs that came with this car are there somewhere... what
are the chances this is my problem?