<VV> PG accelerator pump adjustment

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Thu Nov 17 19:15:50 EST 2011

With my Judson setup I had the same problem.  I have a Weber 44 IDF
on it.  It allows for more aggressive pumps.  I get the next most
aggressive and the problem mostly went away, although when cold and
from a stop it never hurts to pump a few time to get going ... I plan
on going up one more step on the pumps and suspect the problem will go away.

Another thing to check as it has happened to me -- are the chokes
properly hooked up and can you move them?  I had one loose and it
turns out that at idle it would allow the choke to flop to closed ...
and when I jumped on it the resulting vacuum would open it back up ...

At 04:38 PM 11/17/2011, you wrote:
>Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 18:38:20 -0500
>From: Ramon Rodriguez III <corvairgrymm at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: <VV> PG accelerator pump adjustment
>To: Mark Durham <62vair at gmail.com>
>Cc: "virtualvairs at corvair.org" <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
>
>Both accelerator pumps are squirting nice and strong (just triple checked),
>I replaced the rubber cups on both when I went through the carbs.  Timing
>and dwell are dead on... also had the same problem with the Ignitor I...
>swapped points back into the car for testing purposes but no change.

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

Vertical Integrated Computer Systems, LLC
Metropolis Support, LLC

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

For pictures:  http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html

(You can see why we love this state :-) )