<VV> Electric Vehicles (little Corvair)

dcastiaux at aol.com dcastiaux at aol.com
Wed Nov 30 10:44:07 EST 2011

On the Elect. vehicle talks. They appear to be a good thing in their early years while under warranty but......out of warranty the cost of replacing the batteries is very very high. This would offset the gas savings in the long run if you incurred this expense. I know the batteries are suppose to last many years, but we still like driving our Corvairs don't we! . All of this being said I have a 10 inch DC motor and controller stashed away to convert a Corvair if I have to.
  P.S. Our school had a 2000 Honda insight, we had the battery pack replaced twice under warranty and at the 10 year point the pack was bad again.....part of the problem was the car didn't get driven enough, sounds like my Corvairs.   David in OKC