<VV> Help - Engine runs worse than before!

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 30 18:06:22 EST 2011

                                           B"H

hi all...after getting my engine to run really smoothly, having taken both carbs off, cleaned them and put them back on (with all parts this time), all of a sudden the engine runs rough, worse when warmed up, and stalls when fully warm.

One thing I noticed seems strange.  With the air cleaner off, the metal PVC pipe that runs from the top of the turkey roaster to the air cleaner (and has the PCV orifice, connected to a vacuum hose) puts fumes out under pressure.  If I put my finger over the top of the pipe, you can feel the pressure.

I have verified that the orifice itself is clean and open.

Are the crankcase fumes supposed to be under pressure?

All vacuum connections look tight.  No leaks found.

Thanks guys.  It's a '66 Monza, 110 PG engine.

Bill Hershkowitz   Brooklyn New York