<VV> 66 accelerator linkage

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Oct 17 11:07:21 EDT 2011

In a message dated 10/17/2011 6:59:09 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
obstew at bellsouth.net writes:

Need  some help here, throttle response slow to speed up, peddle has to be
moved  about 1/4 before
rpm's come up,
I first thought that the piviot under  the rear seat was rusted out , but
that was not the problem,
also you  cannot operate the linkage from the engine compartment, the
throttle rod will  not pull up
to open the carbs....
I looked at the linkage on the  transmission and found that it did not
appear to be correct, rod
linkage  and piviot are in line, no way it can be correct, photo
attached........

Check the photo again, OB, The pivot point for the bellcrank is  well above
the pull point of the link from the pedal. If pulled by the pedal,  the
bellcrank will rotate and raise the rod and shove it back into the engine
compartment. It has a built-in mechanical "disadvantage" which allows a small
movement at the pedal to move the throttle linkage a bunch more. If you want
to  "help" it a bit, screw down the adjustable link at the other end of that
rod -  where it slides into the arm on the carb cross shaft. (Matt's
suggestion) That  will raise up the starting point for the rotation. Checking all
that linkage is  a two-person job. Have a person sitting in the driver's
seat. Have them work the  throttle while you watch the movement at the carbs.

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette
San Jose, CA