<VV> engine room noise through quarter window opening

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 14:20:43 EDT 2011

Hello all,

     Since adding sound deadening material to the interior of my Corvair
I've noticed that most of the remaining engine and road noise I hear is
coming from the quarter panel area.. up past the fuzzies around the back
side window.  What is the best method to seal up and add sound insulation
inside the quarter panel below and behind where the rear window goes down?

     I can gain access pretty easily from behind the rear "door" panel, but
it's hard to get all the way down/back into the nooks and crannies.  I'm
somewhat tempted to use some of that expanding foam insulation.  What I'm
trying to do is soundproof the seams to the engine room from the forward
side, and also the seams around the rear wheel housing.

     Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez