<VV> engine room noise through quarter window opening

jimster1 jimster1 at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 24 14:29:37 EDT 2011

Ray,
I've used to great success a product called "Peel 'n stick" or something
like that.  It's a roofing product that comes in rolls about six inches
wide.  You can get it at Home Depot or Lowes or similar places.  It's self
adhesive with a gooey mastic on one side and metal foil on the other.  On my
'66 convertible, I took off the panel next to the back seat and by cutting
the stuff into small pieces you can get complete coverage on the outside
fender skin as well as sealing up the inner panel.  Works great.  Now all
the noise is coming in from the outside via the fabric top and\or unzipped
back window.
Jim
'66 turbovert