<VV> Undercoat Removal Tips

Brent Fullard brent.fullard at rogers.com
Sat Oct 29 10:38:52 EDT 2011

Good advice Ulli. I first learned about dry-ice blasting in the German
publication Mercedes-Benz Classic. It's a most impressive way to revive
and clean old parts. Works equally well on rubber hoses, gaskets etc. as
 it does on metal. It also preserves much of the original finish on the
parts it comes in contact with, like the various metal finishes on
fasteners. Unfortunately I believe this technique is only in wide spread
 use in Europe and hasn't made it to North America in a big way, but is
certainly worth investigating.