<VV> Speedo pain

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Mon Oct 31 17:32:26 EDT 2011

That sounds good ... and I really want to believe that ... but two
bad heads?  Both coming from working cars?  Also the fact that the
odo has always worked -- through different temps, head units, cables,
etc ... and the speedo has only recently started to fail completely ....

Oh -- shove cable piece into the hole and spin it with my dremel ...
instantly the speed hits 100 instantly (I have a cable I cut off with
1/2 inch sticking out and then used a buffing wheel (soft) to spin
it).  My wife watched the speed because I did this in place.

Which would imply a cable not seating ... but two of them?  That is
why I want to know if the cable is driving one thing and gears then
go to both the odo and speed (making it the head unit) or if two
things are spun, one to the odo and one to the speedo ... and if the
odo is first I could be back to a cable seating problem.

And on the subject -- anyone know of a NOS speedo or a really nice
rebuilt one.  Taking the speedo out truly SUCKS and I don't want to
have to do it again.  I could put the old one in there to test but it
is tiresome ...