<VV> Cpmplaning that after 50 years...

Ron ronh at owt.com
Fri Nov 2 19:08:44 EDT 2012

In searching for a bad oil leak in my '62 wagon, I pulled the top shroud to
make sure it wasn't coming from the top engine cover.  It wasn't as it's dry
as a bone.  But, I looked at the heads and found the worst case of casting
flash that I've ever seen.  I don't know how the engine could have cooled
for so many years that way and despite the fact that the car has gone
through several owners, no one has ever done any deflashing!  That's hard to
believe but worse yet is that Chevrolet assembled an engine with heads that
look so bad.  It sure doesn't say much for any quality standards that they
obviously didn't have.  I sure hope that they are doing better now, but are
they?
End of rant,
RonH