<VV> Drive Train Removal & Installation

Karl Haakonsen cityhawk at pobox.com
Mon Nov 26 02:34:20 EST 2012

Though not the most convenient way, I had an extremely limited budget,
so I used the "Finch" cart method to get mine out. I also needed a means
of transporting the power train over uneven, non-paved terrain to get it
into my basement, so the Finch cart and two sheets of plywood worked
fabulously for that purpose.

You can see the whole process here:
http://www.chezhawk.com/VairBlog/?p=237

All in all, not a difficult way to get the 'train out of the engine. I
may create a modification of the cart that I can lift with an ATV style
jack to lift the 'train up into the car since the thought of lowering
the car onto the power train while trying to line everything up properly
doesn't appeal to me.

Karl in Boston
CORSA Eastern Director
Bay State Corvair Club