<VV> LM Gearbox in EM chassis

jwcorvair at aol.com jwcorvair at aol.com
Fri Jul 5 13:06:22 EDT 2013

Hi,

Out of curiosity (and a possible future project) has anyone put a late model gearbox in an early chassis? (Not a PG. I know that would work fairly easily.) Why, well probably just because. Certainly we have plenty of early transmissions, but the late gearbox has advantages, such as being a bit more robust. Also, if someone really, really wanted to stick an LM three speed in an EM turbo, which topic generated a long stream of email many years ago (some thinking that the LM three speed would be perfect for a turbo), then what would it take?

It's kinda warm and my mind was wondering to unusual realms.

Regards,
Joe White (62 four door, 66 PorVair, 64 Spyder [hmmm, I'm sure an LM three speed would fit)
Boulder, CO