<VV> gasoline - blending tank

Charles Fregeau n5hsr at sprynet.com
Fri Jul 5 14:00:56 EDT 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of djtcz at comcast.net
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2013 10:42 AM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: <VV> gasoline - blending tank

============
original message

From: "Charles Fregeau" <n5hsr at sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: <VV> Gasoline gasolene?

Didn't Sonoco have one of the first of these, where you could blend 2 grades

to get 6 or 8 distinct price points?

Charles Fregeau

================

Yeah, 8 grades, two above "premium" including the fabled 260.
http://tommcmahon.typepad.com/.a/6a00d834515db069e20133f2ee3abe970b-800wi
http://tommcmahon.typepad.com/.a/6a00d834515db069e201348611b977970c-800wi

My mom's '67 110 needed 260 to ward off massive part throttle
detonation/pinging (not "predetonation").

My Turbo Corsa with 140 heads got 260 also, which led me to meeting the
fetching young lady pump attendant at the Sunoco store, which shortly
thereafter inevitably led to life events painfully reminiscent of the "kali
ma" scene.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBIdcUxdgo0
If R Nader had known about Sunoco Nancy's wake of destruction perhaps he
would have found an expert witness to tag GM for causing that tragedy too.

Dan T

Reminds me of a book by Lewis Grizzard:  She Tore My Heart Out and Stomped
That Sucker Flat.  Also reminds me of a young lady I once knew.

But by then the Corvair had been sold.

Charles