<VV> Gas price survery - not what you think

Charles Fregeau n5hsr at sprynet.com
Fri Jul 5 13:53:38 EDT 2013

I lived in Danville IL in 1973.  We filled up the Corvair with the LAST gas
sold at the Star Service station (cheapest gas in town) for 24.9.  He was
getting ready to close.  Next day the same gas was 40.9 because that's as
high as the pumps would go.

After that some of the gas stations started buying "Canadian" gas pumps
because they would go up to 50.9, I think they had to regear them for US
Gallons instead of Imperial gallons.

We may have gotten cheaper gas in Mississippi somewhere on our long trip in
1971, but I don't remember the price.  I remember us pretty much always
paying 32.9 in the 60's but we lived in Chicago most of that decade.

Charles Fregeau