<VV> More fan Crap.

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Tue Jul 30 20:18:41 EDT 2013

Smitty Says;  Seth expressed the needs and alternatives tried by racers very
well.  Bob Helt describes the flow from a GM fan that puts the most pressure
on the perimeter of the turkey roaster where it can do the most good on the
heads.  (Nobody wants to read that though because they are so stuck on their
own brain fart concept)  Some newbie comes along and wants to know why we
don't consider electric fans for our Vairs.  Somebody else comes along and
finds a picture of a fan he thinks might br just the ticket.  Of course he
wouldn't put himself out to see if the fan is feasible for us.  The newbie
isn't going to get off his dead butt and check the archives for the pages
and pages of info on real attempts at using electric fans.  So we go round
and round every few months with the self appointed VV
 engineers that tried a stock fan once and didn't like it.  They go on and
on with paragraphs of high falutin information on flows and pressures while
they keep driving with the GM supplied fan. (and bitchin about it).  Only
one person I know of has built the better mousetrap.  He has built a couple
of working models and they have proven effective on the track.  He is
limited by production methods but at least he got off his butt and did
something with his own two hands, rather than his mouth.
I know how well this will be received, but I would like to suggest, the next
time somebody wants to talk about improvements over the GM fan, they bring
along with a working concept , with pictures so we can enjoy the benefits
without the BS.          Curmudgeon of the BBRT appointed by the Boss
hisself.