<VV> 64 transmission mount story

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Wed Apr 2 13:18:23 EDT 2014

I am working on a very nice 64 convert. I have done a ton of work on just
about everything on this car. I should write a book , but I type with one
finger!
 The latest was after reinstalling the powertrain that I rebuilt and
detailed , it did not look level at the forward corners of the shrouds. I
installed a new transmission mount on the LOW side. It did not look bad , but I
had never seen a mount go bad being too long. Looked the same!. So I put 2
new  Clark's mounts in. Problem is fixed. The bad mount must have been that
way since  new , plus there is a strange dent mark in the curved area of the
forward  "firewall" flange from the motor? The bad mount is obvious when
compared to a  new one, being almost 1/2 inch too long . I was surprised it had
not dropped  down , but no signs of ever separating.
I am fairly sure all parts are original on this car. I sure wish it could
talk...
Regards, Tim Colson