<VV> Cleaning Piston Crowns

Paul Fox paulvair at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 08:10:47 EDT 2014

I'd be careful doing that any other way than driving it hard. The reason is, if it comes off all at the once it falls to the bottom of the chamber and can jam the pistons so you can't turn the engine. I've had this happen more than once. When it happened I thought something was broken inside the engine. after I pulled the heads it was just carbon that had collected in the quench area of the chamber.