<VV> Turbo question

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Mon Apr 7 07:23:17 EDT 2014

If the turbo is in good condition, you use a good grade of synthetic oil and change it regularly, they're actually less trouble today than they were back in the day. Without the lead in the gas, there's no deposits in the turbine housing! Or the combustion chamber. Or grey sludge in the pan, well, you get the idea.

Yes, they have lots of lag compared to today's turbo cars, but they are still quick. Also, you can't stand on it for all that long, as the cooling is limited.

John Roberts