<VV> other thoughts - off topic

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Tue Apr 8 22:47:56 EDT 2014

On 4/8/2014 8:52 AM, Joel Rushworth wrote:
> If you're still running XP, go update it NOW.  You've only got a few more hours to get the last patches from MS you'll ever see.

No.
Plan to upgrade it sometime in the next 6mo-1yr, and go with a good a-v
and anti-malware program in the meantime. (yes, of course you should
have already been doing the A-V and anti-malware!)

Your computer will not self destruct because MS doesn't send you any
updates. Your vulnerability to malware will increase over a period of
time, which you can mostly combat by the A-V software.

The browser is where most infections enter, aside from emails.
I'm pretty sure that Mozilla will continue updating Firefox for a fair
while in versions that run on XP.
See also my other post.
--
Jay Maechtlen SoCal '61 2-dr modified w/fiberglass skin, transverse 3.8
Buick V6 TH440T4 trans

---