<VV> other thoughts - off topic

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Wed Apr 9 02:26:24 EDT 2014

On 4/8/2014 8:52 AM, Joel Rushworth wrote:
> I strongly suspect that there are hackers out there that have been sitting on serious and harmful exploits for XP, just waiting for this day to arrive.
- I'll admit, that's an - 'interesting' - possibility.

Mostly, good sanitation goes a long way.

What do you think about Linux with Wine or one of the variants, for
Windows stuff you want to run on the main machine?
I wonder how much risk Wine brings in - if good binaries can run, what
about the bad ones?
(Wine = "Wine is not emulation" = a system for running Windows software
on Linux)
--
Jay Maechtlen SoCal '61 2-dr modified w/fiberglass skin, transverse 3.8
Buick V6 TH440T4 trans

---