<VV> Suspension option for '64? Was: Heavy duty suspension?

wrsssatty at aol.com wrsssatty at aol.com
Tue May 13 12:52:59 EDT 2014

<Unlike earlier and later years, there was no optional suspension available
in '64 on the cars.  >
The sales brochure for '64 passenger cars lists, under "Corvair Options and Custom Features", "Special suspension is available for all models; includes special front and rear springs and shock absorbers."  Tony Fiore on page 64 (appropriately!) of "The Corvair Decade" wrote; "the extra cost special suspension option now [model year 1964] consisted of specially calibrated coil springs and heavy-duty shock absorbers."
I would imagine that the 4th line on the Body Identification Tag (not the VIN plate) would indicate an accessory & option code if the vehicle in question were so equipped from the factory.  However, to the best of my knowledge "the Corvair Junkyard Primer" does not have these codes and I don't believe that larry claypool covered any accessory and option codes in his "Stock Is..." series in the communique for any model year other than '63 and '66.  Someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

~Bill Stanley