<VV> PS : Memorial Day ~ need/want (local) clutch fork for 1967 Monza PG -> 4 Speed Conversion

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Mon May 26 16:37:33 EDT 2014

Hi Charles Lee, the 6 flywheel bolts are 3/8 X 24 fine threaded grade 8 bolts (slightly longer than the auto trans flex plate bolts but same thread). Don't forget the ring that goes outside the flywheel. Use a little bit of thread sealer on these bolts to help reduce oil drips. The 6 pressure plate bolts use lock washers, have a small shoulder, and are grade 3. They are 5/16 X 16 IIRC. None of these bolts are tapered. I would use the correct Corvair bolts instead of thinking I can walk to Ace Hardware for them. They would be found on all MT Corvair engines regardless of year. Also be sure you "pack" the pilot bushing with oil. Not just soak it in oil but you must force the oil into it. I hope to see you again in Palm Springs at the Toss.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado 81301