<VV> Clunk When Releasing Clutch

Tom Hughes corvairdad at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 09:18:15 EDT 2015

I converted my '68 from PG to manual. It's been on the road for a few
hundred miles. I've got an issue with a clunk while releasing the clutch
pedal. It appears soon after I feel the clutch engaging engaging engine to
transmission. It feels like something is hanging up and then releases, but
only across a short travel of the pedal. I've adjusted the linkage/cable in
its range and the clunk never goes away. The linked video illustrates the
issue. Before I drop the drivetrain and dive deeper into the problem, I was
hoping someone could shed some light on what I need to be checking/looking
for.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=xOwfakkv-8o

Thanks,
--