<VV> Link to Lubrizol

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 8 23:20:53 EDT 2015

> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 20:14:27 -0400
> From: BobHelt at aol.com
> To: hallgrenn at aol.com, jb30343 at windstream.net
> Cc: chaz at properproper.com, virtualvairs at corvair.org
> Subject: Re: <VV> Gear lube is the new religion ...
>
> JB,
> See note 3 below for GL-4 Redline oils. That's my problem.
> Bob Helt

Bob- According to Lubrizol http://www.lubrizol.com/DrivelineAdditives/AutomotiveGearOil/GL5.html
Gl-4 is a spec for lightly loaded hypoid gears, and "may" be used in transmissions, whereas Gl-5 is for
highly loaded hypoid gears, so I can see your point why it may look like Redline maybe doesn't know
what they are talking about, but since Gl-4 "may" be used in transmissions, and the Gl-4 applications
that they are saying are NOT for hypoid gears, but are recommending their use in transmissions- It looks
to me like they really do know the spec.
Kevin Nash