<VV> CLUBS

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Apr 16 22:20:26 EDT 2015

On Apr 16, 2015, at 5:54 PM, James Weppelman <jweppel at hotmail.com> wrote:

> 1) You can sweep or not all you want. I,m saying at the CORSA level how in the world would you not know that a club is defunct?

Minor note - it did not take a web search to find out.  Gary used the web link on Corvair.org.  Checking whether the points of contact work on the web site might be a good way to find out, no?  That's what I meant by "sweep".

> Is there not any correspondence between CORSA and its affiliates?

I do not believe the chapter reports have been done in some time, no.

> 2)Your not confused.I think your thoughts are spot on.The lack of younger membership, and loss of, might very well be related to the resistance of "social media" avenues,whether its more work or not.

Sure, but that's mostly a chapter function.  You should really bring this up to your local chapter and then volunteer to fix it if they aren't using it.

> 3) I am a standing member of CORSA. And I think its dividing to squabble about THEY or WE.I appreciate a lot of things, but I would disagree that we SHOULD promote the corvair.

So the question is, what should we - you and I, not some vague "They" - do?  I have some specific actions of my own that I'm working on.  Are you willing to set up this questionnaire?  Once we have the data, we'll also want some sort of follow on as to what to do as a result.

> 4)Start simple. Has CORSA every passed on a questionaire on  to the chapters? Questions as what they like doing or not.Or what CORSA could do on a higher level to help whatever(enrollment,activities,etc?)CORSA probaly only hears from the chapters when there is a issue,or problem.Why not start being proactive. WE (there i said it) dont have to get involved in every aspect of the local chapters,but WE should feel the pulse of them if you want to maintain and grow membership. I guess it upsets me that another chapter is gone(baltimore) and it took a web search to find out.

And that's why I'm promoting the Chapter officer's list, for just such discussion.  Chapters and CorSA aren't static things, they need some variation - see Bob's comment about shaking things up for the better by moving to a Saturday meeting.  Have meetings on Saturdays already?  How about a casual evening meet-up during the week?  Or invade a local Friday cruise in?

Speaking of which, tomorrow I plan on hitting Ocelot Brewery near Dulles airport to have a glass and visit Richard Widman for a bit.  Ya'll join me if you can.

--Bryan