<VV> Car stops after 20 Mi

jim bannister jimster1 at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 9 03:18:00 EST 2015

Sounds exactly like my car as the coil was crapping out.  Gets hot and
weakens, cools down and recovers enough for another 20 miles.  It seemed
that if you kept the revs up it was kinda ok, let the revs drop off, it'd
cough and die.  It might be interesting to artificially heat the coil with a
heat gun and then when it's good 'n hot, try starting the car.  At least you
will find the problem or eliminate the coil as a suspect.
Jim '66 turbovert